Institutional Learning Outcomes
1. Critical & Creative Thinking
Select, evaluate, and use information to solve problems, investigate a point of view, support a conclusion, or engage in creative expression.
2. Communication Skills
Use language to effectively convey an idea or set of facts, including the ability to use source material and evidence according to institutional and discipline standards.
3. Understanding Society & Culture
Understand and interpret various points of view that emerge from a diverse world of peoples and/or cultures.
4. Scientific & Quantitative Reasoning
Represent complex data in various mathematical forms (e.g., equations, graphs, diagrams, tables, and words) and analyze these data to make judgments and draw appropriate conclusions.
*The Institutional Learning Outcomes parallel our General Education Learning Outcomes which the Curriculum Committee APPROVED 11/18/11
Program Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) may be found on individual department pages:
- Biological Sciences
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Chemical Laboratory Technology
- Communication Studies
- Computer Business Office Technology
- Computer Information Science
- Early Childhood Education/Child Development
- Earth Science
- English As A Second Language
- Fashion Design And Merchandising
- Human Services
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Interior Design
- Kinesiology, Athletics & Dance
- Latin American Studies
- Medical Assisting
- Multimedia Art And Technology
- Physical Sciences
- Political Science
- Radiologic Technology
- Social Sciences
- Theatre Arts
- University Transfer
See the Student Services Planning Council site for additional Student Learning Outcomes.